Leading Nationwide Diamond Drilling and Controlled Demolition Contractor Based in London
MTF is at the forefront of the industry when it comes to hydraulic demolition and hydraulic bursting services. We have over 100 years’ total management experience when it comes to hydraulic crunching and bursting services throughout London and the UK.
In this method, the Cruncher jaws are placed over the section of concrete structure which will be demolished, the operation is controlled remotely via hydraulic pressure that is applied as the jaws close, effectively reducing concrete to rubble. The process is considered as a non-percussive procedure, and therefore has no detrimental affect to retained structural integrity of buildings. This system is virtually emission-free avoiding noise, dust, vibration and water. Unlike concrete bursting there is no need for holes to be pre-drilled and the resulting rubble is much easier to remove.
Hydraulic Crunching Benefits:
- Minimal noise compared to that of hydraulic hammers.
- Can demolish concrete up to 600mm thick.
- Vibration Free.
- Low Dust.
- Fast and Efficient.
Handheld Hydraulic Bursting
The safest way to break up huge volumes of masonry, stone and concrete structures is via hydraulic bursting. Moreover, the technique provides unparalleled efficiency while providing zero vibrations and noise as the structure is being demolished. In restrictive sites, such as supermarkets, hospitals, offices, schools and residential areas where noise and space is a major factor, hydraulic bursting is the go-to demolition choice.
A quiet and efficient method of controlled demolition used to remove large concrete structures such as slabs, foundations, pillars, beams / bearers and walls, Holes are drilled in the structure and the burster head is inserted, which is then expanded by hydraulic power. Hydraulic pressure is provided by a motor, powered by electricity, or diesel, the build-up of lateral forces against the inside of the holes induces cracks in the concrete or masonry. The cracking follows the plane of weakness created by the holes that were drilled previously. The process is repeated until the whole structure is fractured into smaller sections and ready for removal.
Bursting multiple burster heads MTF can achieve bursting power ratios of up to 2000 tons, aside from the usual bursting method, we also offer other bursting methods for more specific contracts, such as chemical bursting.
Hydraulic Bursting Benefits:
- Noiseless operation allows minimal disruption of the surrounding environment. Residents and commercial establishments can continue day-to-day operation without disruptions and inconveniences.
- Vibration free removal of large concrete structures.
- Zero hand and arm vibration.
- Up to 2000 tonnes of powerful pressure.
- Hand held portability becomes useful when needing to break down structures and masonry in limited spaces.
- Multiple power sources available- electric, diesel and petrol.
- Efficient, non-percussive demolition.
- Little to no demolition noise. The only sound produced is when the diamond drills are creating strategic holes.